Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Always look on the bright side of life, do-do, do-do-do-do

So in an attempt to stabilize the psyche of the girl who's just gone through a horrible break-up (IE: me) I've found it's best to put my best foot forward and start looking on the bright side of life. So let's focus on what I've accomplished shall we?

1) I've reached the magnificent age of 23 without killing myself- that's good.

2) I practically put myself through through college. I think the ratio went something like 70% paid by me 30% paid by Dad, AND I'm debt free. No student loans and a Bachelor's degree in English- not bad.

3) I bought myself a brand new car (again with very very minimal help from la famiglia).

4) I just got a one bedroom apartment with no damn help from anyone AND it's a five minute drive from the sand in HB.

5) I took myself to Paris and Amsterdam- yeah, paid for it myself.

6) I've conquered some very serious health issues, HELL YES I DID!!!!!



Now let's focus on what I have going for me:

1) I've got a good job that pays well and my boss is RAD. Plus they flew me to London for training- that was pretty bad ass.

2) I've got FANTASTIC friends.

3) I'm young, I'm smart, I'm attractive, and I know exactly what I want to do with my life. I just need a few more years of school to get there, and it'll happen.

4) I have a family that loves and supports me, even through my bad decisions (like my last boyfriend).

5) I just premiered an independent film that I starred in- in a movie theater- and we sold almost a hundred tickets (that's a full house minus five seats people!)


Okay. Feeling better about myself. Whew! Don't you hate how even though you KNOW how great you are, some piece of shit boy-disguised-as-a-man can make you feel two inches tall without even trying no matter how fabulous you are?

Well eat that ex-boyfriend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I don't know you, and I found you through a similar interest on my blog. I have to say, whoever the douche bag is that put you in a situtation where you felt you had to list your accomplishments deserves to eat dog shit. Thank you for doing it though. It's nice to see there is someone else in my generation who isn't a complete idiot.

    ReplyDelete