Monday, May 16, 2011

Shoe Fetish Challenge: Days 35-44

Day 35, Saturday, crazy summer straps (2" heel)














My Mom actually gave me these shoes in one of her attempts to "bond" with me. Of course this involves giving me an old pair of her shoes and then going on being a horrible mother, but I digress. They are a little to the left of my usual style, they are a little to long in the front, and I usually like a little higher of a heel, but hey, I'm a shoe whore and I'll try out most shoes. I think these shoes are okay, but I don't really see myself wearing them very often.




Day 36, Sunday, barefoot hippy strikes again (no shoes)



Lazy Sundays are my favorite, I usually lounge around, clean house, lay out, and generally do a whole lot of nothing- gotta love that.






Day 37, Monday, hot boots, holla! (3 1/2" heel)
These are probably my favorite pair of boots. I've danced in them, broke a few hearts in them, busted some moves, and downed some drinks. they are super comfortable, and stop a little above mid-calf, so they allow me to rock patterned socks- and can I just tell you how much I love rockin' ridiculous socks? NO ONE rocks socks- which is why I like to :)







Day 38, Tuesday, Harley Davidson boots, pair deux (2 1/4" heel)


These are the more comfortable of the two pairs (there were three, but they were given away when I bought my third pair- they were just like these but without the flair), however I like the height and the flames on the other pair so I tend to wear them more often, but I love these boots, love love love.






Day 39, Wednesday, dollhouse Fleur de lis flats

:: Sings:: I got it at Ross! And I did too! I totally got these babies at Ross, and I've had them for a few years now. One of the Fleur de lis emblems did break free on one side, but a little Monkey Glue fixed that right up! And while they make my feet sweat a little (patent leather, what can you do), they are so adorable I don't care. Plus you can slip your heel out when you're sitting or standing so you can air your feet out quickly and easily so it isn't much of an issue.





Day 40, Thursday, the most beautiful shoes in Christendom (3" heels)





















I found these shoes when I went to Italy when I was 18. We were shopping in Rome and I found these shoes in three colors: pink, green, and blue, and I thought for a good ten minutes about which color I wanted (they were too expensive to buy all three- FUUUCCCKKK) and tried on pair after pair until I figured out what shoe size ACTUALLY fit me (I think these are a 34- for those of you who are around a size 7, when in Europe start with a 34 and go up from there until you find a compatible size) and then I ran my ass up to the cash register and bought them faster than you can say, "HOT DAMN!"



These shoes are glorious. Stunning stitching, sequins, amazing spring colors- they are so fabulous I can't even take it!



These are actually the shoes that made me get over my aversion to toe-cleavage. I used to not like toe cleavage, I thought it deterred from the classiness of the shoe, but these shoes leave toe-cleavage, and I couldn't resist them, and from that day forward I no longer had an issue with toe-cleavage.




Day 41, Friday, 50's pumps (3" heel)

These shoes are too cute! Like my leopard pumps, they are specifically built with the natural curve of your foot so they are really comfortable. The only issue I had with these shoes was technically just an all around crazy story that never should have happened but of course did. Before I went to the HR Tech conference last year I was going to cut my toe nails and give myself a pedi- instead I packed closed-toed shoes. I wore them walking all around the conference (like, 3 miles of walking, for those of you who have been to a conference you get it), then I was invited last minute to diner with a potential client- leaving me with no time to change outfit or shoes. Then we started drinking. Then we started dancing. Then we started drunkenly exploring the hotel.



My toenails were SOOOO fucked up after that! One actually fell off, but with too long nails and 12 hours of working my shit something bad was bound to happen. What can you do ::shrug::



Day 42, Saturday, Photo shoot! Red pumps (5 1/2" heel)!





I've actually worn these shoes for two photo shoots now- those platform high heels make my midget legs look much longer than they are- hooray! Hahahahaha!


I bought these shoes two or three years ago in December on my friend Ginger Fatal's birthday. The boys let us walk from dinner to Lucky Strike Lanes by ourselves while they got things out of the car, and we walked right into a shoe store, where all three of us bought new kicks and put them on right then and there (Ginger and I even switched tops so we could wear our shoes with something that matched- handy that). We then walked into our next destination wearing new wonderful shoes, then we put on bowling shoes. Hahahaha, we're silly :)


Day 43, Sunday: Pewter Flats






You can't wear these shoes too long or they'll tear up the back of your heels, they are NOT walking shoes, but they are cute slip ons for non-walking activities.



Purchased at Macy's, shocker.




Day 44, Monday: Dance Shoes (4" heel)



we've got a lot of dance rehearsals coming up which means LOTS of time spent in these shoes- watch out world, The Dirty Little Secrets Rock Burlesque Troupe is coming to town! xoxo


And yes, I do bust my burlesque moves in a 4" heel, fuckin' RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment