Monday, July 12, 2010

DON'T CALL IT A COME BACK!






So, for those of you who don't know, I'm a burlesque dancer- and I LOVE IT!!! My love affair with pin up culture started in high school and continues to grow stronger every year!









On Saturday I performed Burlesque with my ladies again for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME and it felt WONDERFUL to be on stage again!! I missed it SOOO MUCH! I love dancing burlesque! It is the most self-empowering thing a woman can do. Feel uncomfortable with your body? Take a burlesque class or a pole class and you will fall in love with YOUR body, not the body the media tells you you are supposed to have! You really connect with yourself and your body and your self image when you strut your stuff on stage! I've never felt better about myself than when I was a full-time burlesque dancer. You feel powerful, and wonderful and sexy. You can control the crowd with a flick of your wrist and the roll of your hips. Burlesque allows you to express both your sensuality and your sexuality. When you're dancing, you are ALL WOMAN! You don't have to apologize for being sensual or having a sex drive- you get to revel in it! And yes, you do go down to pasties in most troupes, but really, it's just a body. They're just boobs. If you're at a burlesque show and you've never seen boobs- have a good look because it's about time. And if you're at a show and you see boobs- it's nothing you haven't seen before. You get more nudity on cable than at a burlesque show, and you know what we're doing? DANCING! Burlesque is a form of DANCE. It is an ART FORM: the art of the tease. And we preform dance routines with the best of them!






So my first show back was at The Pike bar in Long Beach, and we perform there almost every month. It's the smallest stage EVER but the crowd is always enthusiastic and it's always a good time. I had AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!! I was only in three numbers because I'm new to the troupe, but I had two solos (both off the new Slash album bc I LOVE that album- Beautiful Dangerous and Back to Cali) which was kick ass!! Check out some of my pics, and oh hey! The OC Weekly was there- check out my other ladies! We're HOT HOT HOT!! http://www.ocweekly.com/slideshow/the-dirty-little-secrets-burlesque-nsfw-the-pike-bar-and-fish-grill-30321691

If you want to come to our next show, we are performing at the El Ray in LA on August 6th, for more information check us out at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dirty-Little-Secrets-Rock-Burlesque/108754859158814

No comments:

Post a Comment